Apr 26, 2016

Mini Banana Muffins

It takes some serious self-control to not walk by the counter and pop a couple of these bite-sized muffins in my mouth!


Nate and I have been taking a sugar break. April has been a long month! Even though we aren't eating it, that hasn't stopped me from making it!

I love the chance to make special desserts. Bridal showers are the perfect excuse to make fun, little treats.


Wrappers dress-up anything you're serving.


I only use one banana bread recipe. My mom received the recipe from a friend while she was living in Texas in 1986. It is the recipe I've grown up eating and making- so don't mess with a good thing, right?

I whip up the wet ingredients in my Kitchen Aid and and then add the dry ingredients. This recipe only takes 5 minutes to mix up! 


I've found in the past that mini muffins can be a huge pain when filling each tiny hole! The secret to mess-free, stress-free mini muffins is way too simple. I use a small cookie scoop to fill my tins! So much easier and neater.



Banana Bread Recipe

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs 
2-3 ripe, well-mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Blend together sugar, butter, and eggs. Add bananas. 

In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, soda, and powder together. Slowly add to the creamed mixture.

Add cold water and blend.

Fold in 1/2 cup nuts.

Scoop into tin about 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees F. Large loaf about an hour. Small loaves about 45 but check starting at 35 minutes. Mini muffins about 15-20 minutes. 

Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 3 small loaves, 1 large loaf, or approx. 48 mini muffins.

Recipe doubles and freezes well. 

I wanted my mini muffins to be more decorative so I whipped up some cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

1 block cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together the cream cheese and sugar in an electric mixer. Add in the vanilla and mix well.

Store leftovers in the refrigerator. 

I filled a decorator with my frosting and piped a small star on each muffin before serving. 




A sweet spring treat. 

One of my favorite breads to make and eat :) and use up all of those over-ripe bananas! 

Who has bananas sitting on their counter that are past their prime?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment