May 11, 2016

Creamy Alfredo Sauce

This sauce is the best alfredo ever!!


It tastes just like that creamy, cheesy alfredo from Red Lobster or Olive Garden. Sometimes I make the alfredo with shrimp and pretend I'm at Red Lobster. Or I add chicken and steamed broccoli like Olive Garden.


It is SO simple & rich! Believe me - you will be licking the spoon!

To make the alfredo sauce


You will need 4 ingredients: butter, half & half, garlic, and parmesan. 


In a small saucepan, melt the butter. 


Once butter melts, add the half & half and simmer for 5 minutes.


Stir in garlic and cheese. 


Stir until cheese breaks down and heat through.


And that's it! Creamy, cheesy, garlic-y, yummy alfredo sauce! 


Alfredo Sauce Recipe


1/4 cup butter
1 cup half & half
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups parmesan
parsley for garnish

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.

Add half & half and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add garlic and cheese and stir quickly to break up cheese. Heat through.

If sauce is too thick for your liking, add more half & half or milk to thin and heat.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Recipe adapted from All Recipes.


I love making angel hair and alfredo sauce when I need a really quick dinner! You can make this in about 10 minutes since the pasta only has to cook for 4 minutes! 


One of my absolute favorite comfort foods with ingredients I always have on hand! 

Did you lick the spoon?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment