May 17, 2016

Bacon Spinach Mushroom Quiche

I'm not a big breakfast person. I prefer not to eat in the morning mostly because I'm not hungry. Since we've been married, Nate and I have been doing a big breakfast on the Saturday mornings that we have been home. I'm always hungry for Saturday morning breakfast! I look for a new recipe each week to try out that weekend.

I found this gem.


Seriously my new favorite breakfast and so easy!


I've already made this recipe a couple times and it will stay on my rotation of recipes now! I can't wait to try some different ingredient combinations to mix it up.

This recipe does require some prep before you pop it in the oven. To save myself time in the morning,  I pre-cooked and crumbled my bacon and washed and sliced my mushrooms, putting both in a sealed container in the fridge until morning.


Bacon Spinach Mushroom Quiche Recipe

1 (10 oz.) box frozen spinach
8 oz. fresh mushrooms
8 oz. cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
5 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella 
1 pre-made pie crust
salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Place pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish.

Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave. Drain in a colander and squeeze out any juice.

Cook the bacon until crisp. Reserve some of the bacon grease to sauté the mushrooms. Thinly slice the mushrooms and toss in the skillet with the bacon grease. Add the minced garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute on medium-high heat about 5-7 minutes.

In a bowl mix the spinach, mushrooms, and bacon together. Spread it out on the bottom of the pie crust.

In a medium bowl whisk the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the cream, parmesan, and a dash of salt & pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into the pie dish over the bacon, spinach, and mushrooms. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the top. 

Place quiche in the preheated oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, until the center is solid and the top is golden brown. Slice & serve!

Recipe slightly adapted from http://gigglesgalore.net.


I promise you're going to love this recipe!

What's your favorite quiche ingredient? Comment below!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment